Top 10 SEO tips
SEO is essential for digital marketers, bloggers, and brands of all sizes. SEO can allow your site to appear in the search results. In other words, it can increase a website’s visibility in the SERPs which can increase the traffic of your website. Every webmaster has a clear idea about the importance of SEO. We’re going to rung you through our Top 10 SEO tips.
If you want that your website gets more traffic in 2020, then you should follow these tips. If you’re struggling to get your page one on Google ranking then these top 10 SEO tips will help you to rank your page or website.
- Keyword Research
- Mobile Usability Will Be Critical for Higher Rankings
- Take care of business:
- Create less, promote more.
- Backlinks are vital
- Relative Quality Content
- Make videos for your visitors
- Fix Crawl issues
- Pay attention to page URLs
- Optimize your website images
1. Keyword Research
Number 1 in our Top 10 SEO tips list. Keyword research has its own importance for SEO as it is considered as the best tool for Search Engine Optimization. Although the manner in which keywords were used in different websites has been changed, the keyword research is still working for SEO. We are providing some tips of keyword research strategies that will work for your website in 2020.
- You should use the combination of tools to prepare master keyword list.
- Focus on your topics instead of direct keywords. It is the best way to map out your secondary keywords from primary keywords.
- You should find that keyword which can result in more clicks. It will help you to identify the keywords where searchers click more than one result.
2. Mobile Usability Will Be Critical for Higher Rankings
Mobile SEO is the practice of optimizing your website and blogs for users on mobile phones and tablets. Mobile optimization includes making your site resources accessible to search engine spiders. Google is now ranking websites on the basis of its mobile version. To succeed with mobile SEO, your site should work for mobile devices. When mobile visitors get hit with a mini version of your desktop site then it can cause a problem for you.
Fortunately, the implementation of a mobile website is not a difficult task. As we know that from July 1, 2019, mobile-first indexing was introduced for all websites. Mobile-first indexing means that Google uses the mobile version of your content for indexing and ranking. Many users access Google Search with mobile phones. So if you are looking for SEO of your website in 2020, then you should focus on the mobile version of your website.
3. Take care of business
One of the important SEO tips for your website is the care of your business. You can care for your business in the following ways,
- SSL certificate
Google wants everything on the web secure. That’s why your browser will flag unencrypted websites as insecure in the future. However, it is easy to fix. You can get the SSL certificate in a few hours to get an SSL Certificate and get everything up and running on your site.
- Page speed
The page speed should be fast. If your website is slow then the visitor may switch your website and move to another option. Further, Google also uses this information in the Algorithm. There are many ways to check the speed of your website. You can use HubSpot Marketing Grader to check the speed of your page. If the speed is slow, then try to focus on the speed of your page. It is a very important SEO tip for your website. There are some ways to increase the speed of your website.
- Enable compression
- Reduce redirects
- Leverage browser caching
- Improve server response time
- Use a content distribution network
- Optimize images
4. Create less, promote more
You should spend more time on promotion rather than the creation of content. You should also focus on sharing your website content on social media. It will help to get the traffic from social media besides organic traffic. For this purpose, you should be creative and remember that Google is watching everything. You can follow below some tips that will help to generate more traffic on your website.
- First of all, you should include the social sharing icons on every post. It will not only help you to share your post on social media as well as your visitors to share content.
- Further, you can include the most relevant social channel that relates to your industry.
- Try to post your content constantly on your social channels.
- You can also use social media management for sharing. You can find a free and paid version. You can use some marketing automation tools like Hub Spot or Act-On.
- Mobilize your internal team to share all posts regularly to get more traffic from social media.
5. Backlinks are vital
Backlinks are also important for your website growth and it is the best tool for SEO in 2020, and make it into our Top 10 SEO Tips. Backlinks are an important component of search engine optimization and vital for the performance of your website. When you will build more external backlinks from authoritative sites with high domain authority, then there will be more chances of your website visibility and ranking in Google. High-quality backlinks indicate credibility and trust.
Whatever you do, value the authority score of your backlinks. Gone are the days of creating websites and faking a backlink. If you have 1000 backlinks from poor websites, you could be seriously damaging your SEO score.
6. Quality Content
Content is so key, and could be much further up our Top 10 SEO tips. Content is key for your website and if you have quality content then your website will grow faster. You should always try to write quality content. Many marketers Consider SEO and content marketing for the growth of their websites as SEO and content marketing are interrelated to each other. You cannot realize the full benefits of SEO without high-quality content. So quality content is very necessary for website for Google search. There are the following benefits of high-quality content.
- Quality content generates high CTR as considers CTR as an important factor for ranking.
- Quality content can generate high-quality backlinks.
- Quality content makes sure that you can strategically use your keywords.
- Quality content can provide a great user experience
So we can say that content and SEO cannot work successfully in isolation. Marketers understand that both elements are very important to improve the ranking of your website. You can write quality content with the help of following tools,
- Be Original
- Provide real-world solutions
- Meet audience expectations
- Make it easy to read
- DON’T plagiarize.
- Avoid complicated sentence
- Use an outline.
7. Make videos for your visitors
Videos can be new trend for SEO opportunities. You should make videos for your websites. Your youtube videos should be linked to your websites. You can get as additional exposure by adding videos as Google is showing videos in SERPs. You should not forget to create website page transcripts to rank for more keywords
8. Fix Crawl issues
Search engine cannot crawl every page. You should check your website performance from Google Search Console. If there are any crawl issues on your website, try to fix it. If you have some crawl errors on your website, it will prevent Google from accessing your content. Google cannot rank these pages. So it is also the best SEO tool to fix all crawl issues of your website for better performance.
9. Pay attention to page URLs
If you are looking for a new tip of SEO in 2020 then you should consider the page URL. It should be very short. It should consist of three to six words. If your URL is greater than you cannot get the desired result from Google.
10. Optimize your website images
Last but not least in our Top 10 SEO tips. You should optimize your website images. Always try to use related images. When you are choosing the image for your content, you should make sure to focus on file size, name, alt text for SEO purposes. Quality images will give more attraction to your audience. You should take care of the selection of images.
- High-Quality Images
- Unique Images
- Images that have Meaning
- Images with Faces
SEO marketing is very important in a competitive market. As you know that search engines serve billions of users per day looking for the answer to their questions. If you have a website and have some creative skills you can serve the millions of people with the help of your website and earn a lot of money from the monetization policy of Google.